Thursday, June 20, 2013

Terecer Semana! (Third week, I think that's how you spell it)

Hola familia y amigos!
 
Esta semana.. has been wonderful. It was a little rough at first but then I always am reminded why I am here when I start to feel bad for myself. Literally everything we do here involves Christ and it makes it so much easier to concentrate and focus and get back on tr ack. Sometimes I get really tired in the mornings.. Because I like to take really long showers and that means I have to wake up earlier.. Which is no bueno pero esta bien. And so sometimes I start to drift off during personal study but the last few days I haven't even been close to falling asleep! I just say a little prayer and thank the Lord for this opportunity and ask for his help and he gives it to me! Truly, when we knock he answers. Not always right away and I haven't felt it so much until I was here.. But i feel like that is because I have never given my life to the Lord before. Because I am serving him he blesses me. :) It feels great and the more he blesses me the more I want to serve him! It's a really great cycle to get into. He always blesses me more than I serve him though..
 
So a cool thing is happening in a couple weeks! I am in the MTC choir and we are going to sing at a special mission conference thing.. Or devotional or training or something.. But it's at the marriot center and The WHOLE FIRST PRESIDENCY AND THE APOSTLES WILL BE THERE. So sweet I can hardly wait. We have been practicing the songs for it. I am so happy to hear that Dad got a couple tickets for it! It's sad that he won't be able to make it. :( But you guys can watch for him. So we also had a devotional at the marriot center on Tuesday and it was pretty cool walking over there with thousands of missionaries. Hermana Moberly one of my companions, her mom saw us on KSL news!! Except she said you could only see my head if you knew I was there because I am so little.. Haha but you can see my companions! Hermana Moberly and Hermana Helms! It was a really good devotional. Also on Sunday nights they call it "Move night" or maybe that's just what we call it but you get to choose from talks to listen to or sometimes they play the joseph smith movie or legacy etc. This time we watched a talk by Elder Bednar that he gave in the MTC a couple christmas' ago. It was SO amazing. It was all about the character of christ. So I have been studying the character of christ a little bit in my personal studies and if you really think about each situation it is incredible how unselfish, compassionate, and charitable the savior is. We always say it but when you really study it, it's ridiculous.. It makes me feel like it's impossible to reach that kind of a goal to become christ-like but the alternative of not trying at all and just giving up is much worse. I know that it will take a lot to reach that level of perfection and it's true we can't do it alone but we can through the Atonement. Christ wants to help us.
 
So, on Sunday we at lunch we had our whole zone empty two whole cereal canisters! It was sweet. I had 3 bowls, Hermana Helms had 3 bowls and Hermana Moberly had 5! Hahaha it was so funny. The canisters are so big. But we kind of got in trouble for it.. So we can't do it again but it was pretty cool.. Also, we play volleyball practically EVERY gym time. We love it. Yesterday we got a bunch of people from our zone to play and it was soo much fun. I love volleyball. I am not very good and  I don't know how to aim very well and get under the ball.. And so I am sure everybody else on my team doesn't have as much fun when I am playing.. But it's soo fun! I am getting better so that's good. :) and everyone is so nice and we aren't supposed to be competetive and we don't keep score so nobody is ever really mad when I mess up. But my hermanas and I are always making fun of each other. Luckily they aren't good either. haha. Our district is soo close we are literally like family. It's awesome. One of the elders in my district looks like David Archuleta. But there is no relation. There is one elder who sometimes drives me crazy.. But somehow we find a way to appreciate each other and get along. Truly, a miracle. :)
 
My camera SD card isn't working anymore. I have pictures I want to show you all but it won't work! So I am going to send it back in a letter to mom and dad and hopefully dad can fix it when he gets back off the trek so you can see all my district and zone! A district left this last week and it was really sad. It was the hermanas who helped us a lot in the beginning. They were the sister missionary training leaders. We miss them already. The elders in the district were great too. We got another new district though last week and then yesterday we got another district! The second disrict has 6 hermanas in it! So we talked to them a little and guess what! Mis hermanas and I are going to be the new sister missionary trainers next week! I can't believe we have even been here long enough to be them! But that's how long the other hermanas were here for when they became the sister missionary trainers. Time flies in here! It's crazy! I feel like last P day was two days ago.. But then sometimes it seems like we have been here forever. It's weird. But I love how productive I am! It's so great! Anyways, I am 3 minutes past my time! So much for exact obedience... Uh oh. Adios!
 
Love you all,
Hermana Garrett
 
P.s. Thank you so much for the package mama! The shirt fits so much better! It's wonderful! Stop doubting your sewing abilities! You always do a great job!
P.p.s. Thanks to everyone who helps keep my puppy happy! I miss him so much! And thanks to everyone who keeps my boo Seth happy and busy too! I am so happy for him I can hardly stand it! Ahh!

No comments:

Post a Comment